Pamplin College of Business
Authorization to Take Courses Elsewhere
This survey is for continuing Virginia Tech students with a primary major in the Pamplin College of Business only.


Students who do not have a Pamplin major as their primary major will need to contact the College or Department of their primary major for the appropriate form. Non-Pamplin students who complete this survey will not have their courses reviewed.
New/incoming first-year students and transfer students (who have not yet started taking courses at Virginia Tech) should not use this form. Please refer to the Transfer Guide for information about potential transfer coursework prior to starting at Virginia Tech.
This form is for continuing Pamplin students needing authorization to take a course (or courses) in an upcoming semester at one of the following types of institutions for transfer credit at Virginia Tech:

  • Virginia Community College System (VCCS) school
  • Richard Bland College
  • 2-year community or junior college in the U.S., but outside of Virginia
  • 4-year university anywhere in the U.S.

If you are looking to take courses abroad (i.e., outside of the United States), please work with the Global Education Office (https://www.globaleducation.vt.edu/) and Pamplin International Programs (https://international.pamplin.vt.edu/) to complete the appropriate process and forms to be approved for those courses.
Powered by QuestionPro